Friday, November 29, 2013

Cassidy in Paris


Cassidy came from Barcelona to visit me last weekend! I loved having another presence in my one-person studio apartment and showing her around the city made me explore the city even further. In the short three days she was here, we managed to squeeze in a Vampire Weekend concert, three museums, countless sights, and a lot of good food. I discovered the zeal of Paris during the holiday season and rediscovered the charms of Paris by night.

Vampire Weekend's Ezra Koenig! (from my instagram)
View of the Tour Eiffel and Obélisque de Louxor by Place de la Concorde.


Jardin des Tuileries:




Roue de Paris.

"These chairs look so relaxed." - C
Shamefully, these photos mark only my second visit to the Louvre:










The Code of Hammurabi.

Art students taking advantage of the closing-time lull in Louvre traffic.

In the apartments of Napoleon III.

View from the top of the Musée d'Orsay

We took a long stroll along the Seine River one night and visited the Pont des Arts, the bridge on which lovers traditionally put locks to symbolize their eternal love for each other. We saw everything from regular square locks to giant heart-shaped, gilded locks to long bike locks, and the light of dusk was incredibly cooperative. I had to stop myself from filling my entire memory card with photos of the bridge.





Charming.



The view from the bridge was amazing as well.










The flower markets on the Île de la Cité



Arc de Triomphe paved by the Christmas lights of the Champs-Élysées. 

No comments:

Post a Comment